We are looking for a Web Backend Developer Lead to scale out our team and the underlying system to boost our e-commerce platform development.
You'll be involved during product discovery and you'll contribute to the technical design process. You are product-minded and able to collaborate with a Product Manager to define the product roadmap and vision. You'll be responsible for speccing and guiding your team in building out features and infrastructure.
You will help shape the technical vision and roadmap for a large area of the product. You will also influence best practices and introduce new technologies when appropriate. Your another mission is to collaborate with SRE and Platform Engineers to help migrate our monolith system to a microservices architecture gradually at the same time.
And as a leader, you'll need to clearly communicate your vision with the team to gain support and a shared understanding of the technologies. You will work with engineers of your team to help them grow and develop their skills.
The current tech stacks in Shoplus are:
GitLab, Jenkins, GCP, MySQL, Redis, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Ruby on Rails, Go & Stackdriver.
- Lead the development of product features to transform business requirements into spec, running software and infrastructure agilely.
- Lead the design and development of architecture migration to move from our full-stack monolith into FE/BE separated micro-services gradually.
- Define technical direction, introduce app development best practices and align coding conventions.
- Ensure the code quality by involving in design & code reviews, trouble-shootings, documenting and improving test coverage.
- Mentor and grow engineers in your team by developing their skills for both the team and individuals.
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale web applications.
- 3+ years of experience developing applications on GCP/AWS, GCP preferred.
- 2+ years of experience designing and maintaining platform or foundational services used by other developers.
- Strong understanding and experience in at least one ecosystem of the languages – e.g. Ruby, Go, Python, Node.js, PHP. We code primarily in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in improving performance, security and reliability for large scale applications.
- Experience in web front-end development.
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms, databases, networking and distributed systems.
- Good communicator who can explain technical concepts to both engineers and non-tech stakeholders.
- Experience in mentoring and growing engineers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com