We are looking for a software engineer who can build and support web applications with a diverse and engaged user base.
As a software engineer of Shoplus Web team, you will be responsible for the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests. While your focus will be on back-end work, sometimes you will be called upon to make front-end changes.
The software engineer is an integral member of our product development team. You will work in an agile environment and with collaborators who are distributed across multiple ASEAN countries. You will have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects on social commerce as well as integrating products into a cohesive, micro-service ready platform using Ruby on Rails in a cloud-native environment. Our ideal candidate should be not only passionate to craft and deliver the product with great impact, but also believe that successful product comes from several iterations of build-measure-learn.
- Write well-thought-out, maintainable code and API.
- Integrate third-party APIs (mainly social network APIs) and multi-data sources.
- Dive deep into the design and implementation of scalable software at all aspects of development.
- Communicate technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and code reviews.
- Participate in our agile processes, working towards, and contributing to, the goals and vision of our roadmap.
- Collaborate with product, design, and business development teams to find innovative solutions to problems.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, and familiar with at least one web MVC framework. (Rails / Laravel / Django / Spring etc.).
- Familiarity with Linux environments.
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of how a modern web application works end to end and how applications perform under load.
- Strong understanding of database design and experience with RDBMS, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Proficient with test frameworks and the ability to add the appropriate level of coverage for a feature.
- Strong understanding of Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of the latest HTML/CSS standards and cross-browser complexities.
- Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals. SOA and Microservices a big plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org